Records & Warrants

Records & Reports

Contact the Records Unit at (805) 781-4140. There is no fee, and these requests are generally processed within 10 business days. Due to legal restrictions, reports may be redacted.

You may get a copy of your local adult arrest information (arrests made by the Sheriff’s Office) by contacting the Records and Warrants Unit at (805) 781-4140. Your state rapsheet is obtained from the California Department of Justice.

Supplemental information should be provided to the patrol station or to the deputy who took your report.

Depending on the type of case, this information may be available from the Sheriff’s Office’s Records Unit if the case was not submitted for prosecution, or you may need to contact one or more of the following:

Superior Court of San Luis Obispo (805) 706-3600

District Attorney’s Office (805) 781-5800

Probation Department (805) 781-5300


Contact the Records and Warrants Unit at (805) 781-4588. Limited information (such as the charges, bail amount, issuing agency, etc.) on adult warrants is generally available.

Most warrants can be taken care of with the assistance of a bail bondsman, by surrendering to the Sheriff’s Office, or by contacting the court. If you have any questions about whether or not the warrant should have been issued, contact the Superior Court of San Luis Obispo


You can contact the Superior Court of San Luis Obispo at  (805) 706-3600 or check their website at

Contact the Superior Court of San Luis Obispo (805) 706-3600 .

Crime Statistics

Contact the Records Manager at (805) 781-4645.

The Records Unit may be able to locate that information, you can contact the appropriate Patrol Station, or visit our Crime Mapping page.

CCW Permit

The Application for your permit is available online at CCW Application. Read all information thoroughly and complete the entire application.

Visit our Concealed Carry Weapon’s Permit page for more information and frequently asked questions.